Indoor Adult Soccer Rules and Restrictions
- A non-refundable team deposit of $100 (plus tax) for indoor leagues and $50 (plus tax) for outdoor leagues are due one week prior to the session start date (applied toward team fee). Deposits will be refunded ONLY if the league does not form.
- Arena Sports membership is required for all players. Membership pricing: $64 individual ($128 family). Non-members and players with an expired membership are ineligible for games, clinics or classes and cannot be on a team roster. Substitute players may purchase a $10 Temporary Day Membership instead of annual membership. All participants must have a current, signed waiver form can be completed online or printed (en espsañol) and brought in person.
- Must be at least 16 years of age (with parent permission) to participate in Arena Sports adult programs. No exceptions.
- Some leagues are played in multiple facilities so please designate your home arena during registration.
- Indoor Adult Leagues: There will be a minimum of seven games for the Summer & Fall Session, and up to twelve games for Winter I, Winter II, & Spring. Earliest game time will be 5:40pm and latest will depend on how many teams participate.
- Any individual can join a House Team* (must be paid when added to a roster); House Teams have a minimum of eight players and a maximum of 12 players. *Maximum of six male and six female players allowed on Co-ed House Teams. First-come first–served.
- Outdoor Leagues: There will be a minimum of six games. Earliest game time will be 6:00pm and latest will depend on how many teams participate. Any individual can join a House Team (must be paid when added to roster); house teams have 7 players maximum. Two male and two female players will be on the field at all times.
What to Wear
Goalkeeper Attire: The goalkeeper must wear colors that distinguish them from all other players.
Shin Guards & Socks: Are REQUIRED for all players. Socks must be worn over shin guards.
Jewelry: A player may not wear jewelry (watches, bracelets, etc.) that is dangerous to themselves or other players. This may be at the discretion of the referee.
NO CLEATS ALLOWED
Rules To Remember
3 Goal Rule
If a team is up by 3 goals or more, the opposing team is given the option to add another player to the field. Note: In Youth Leagues, players on the team who are up by three goals or more must shoot outside the arc for a goal to count.
Co-ed Macho Rule
Adult League Only – A driven ball within arms reach and above the waist of a female player will result in a foul called at the location of the player. The intent of this rule is to protect female players from uncontrolled and unreasonably aggressive play by male players.
3-Line Violation – Indoor Only
A 3-line infraction occurs when the ball crosses over both red lines in the air without touching the wall, player or the ground. This will result in a free kick from the red line closest to the original kick. Any team playing with two fewer players than the opposing team are not subject to the 3-line rule. Passing the ball over 3 lines toward your own goal is allowed.
No Scoring From Your Own Half – Outdoor Only
Players must dribble the ball into the opponent’s half before scoring.
All games consist of two 22.5 minute halves with a 30-second halftime. The time between games is 1.5 minutes. Game clock will start even if the teams are not ready to play.