Youth League Rules and Restrictions
- A minimum of 10 players is required on the roster. Arena Sports reserves the right to add additional players as needed. Team managers will be notified.Leagues with fewer than five teams may be merged with age groups either one year older or younger. Managers will be notified should this be necessary.
- Leagues with fewer than five teams may be merged with age groups either one year older or younger. Managers will be notified should this be necessary.
- Individual player fees only. No team fees.
- Space and late registration are subject to availability. Player fees are due by day of the first game, no exceptions.
- Current Arena Sports membership required. $64/player; $128/family membership.
- House Teams are available for any individual player (U9 – HS) who wishes to play but does not have an organized team. House Teams are limited to 12 players. Dri-fit Jerseys included in fee. House teams are coached by volunteer parents. If interested, please let us know!
- Scheduling can get tricky when we are accommodating teams of all ages and levels of play. We try to be fair and provide balanced schedules for all teams, but please note the indicated days of play are the “primary” days of play. Games may be scheduled on other days if necessary. Weekend games start as early as 7am.
- At the time of registration, please place your schedule requests. We accept schedule requests relevant to the first two weeks of the season to accommodate outdoor schedules. Please note that these requests are not final but will be taking into consideration while scheduling.
What to Wear
Goalkeeper Attire: The goalkeeper must wear colors that distinguish them from all other players.
Shin Guards & Socks: Are REQUIRED for all players. Socks must be worn over shin guards.
Jewelry: A player may not wear jewelry (watches, bracelets, etc.) that is dangerous to themselves or other players. This may be at the discretion of the referee.
NO CLEATS ALLOWED
Rules To Remember
3 Goal Rule
If a team is up by 3 goals or more, the opposing team is given the option to add another player to the field. Note: In Youth Leagues, players on the team who are up by three goals or more must shoot outside the arc for a goal to count.
3 Line Violation
A 3 line infraction occurs when the ball crosses, in the air, over both red lines without touching the wall, player, or the ground. This will result in a free kick from the red line closest to the original kick. Exception: Any team playing with two less players than the opposing team are not subject to the 3 line rule. Passing the ball over 3 lines toward your own goal is allowed.
Youth games consist of two 20 minute halves.